Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching and Learning at the University of Central Oklahoma
The 21st Century Pedagogy Institute (21CPI) presents UCO faculty numerous opportunities to improve their teaching. The offerings align with UCO's Academic Vision of being a learning-centered organization with a focus on teaching first. CETTL brings these ideas to fruition through the 21CPI. The 21CPI consists of seven Faculty Learning Outcomes (FLOs) emerging from contemporary educational research on teaching and learning. Several events have been developed to achieve these FLOs. By achieving these FLOs, faculty have the opportunity to earn recognition at various levels as a Teacher-Scholar. Recognition is celebrated each April by President Betz and Provost Barthell at the Champagne & Chocolate Gala
. The 2018/19 Academic Year 21CPI begins with STLR trainings in May 2018 and concludes March 30, 2019.
LEVELS OF RECOGNITION
21CPI graduates will be recognized for their achievement by President Betz and Provost Barthell at the annual Champagne & Chocolate Gala in April.
2019 Most Distinguished Teacher-Scholar (Highest Level)
Complete all 7 FLOs at Integration (I) level
Complete training in peer review of teaching
Observe & peer review one colleague's classroom
Have one class observed by a trained peer reviewer
2019 Distinguished Teacher-Scholar (Second Highest Level)
Complete 5 separate FLOs at Integration (I) level
Complete minimum of 2 separate FLOs at Exposure (E) level
2019 Teacher-Scholars (Third Highest Level)
Complete 3 separate FLOS at Integration (I) level
Complete minimum of 3 separate FLOS at Exposure (E) level
New Teacher-Scholars (For New Faculty Only)
Faculty in this group are new (full time) faculty members who have participated in 3 out of the 4 New Faculty Modules as listed in the 21CPI schedule
- Faculty have the opportunity to achieve each FLO at the Exposure (E) level or the Integration (I) level.
- To earn Exposure (E), faculty must only attend an event & sign in.
- Register for events at: https://sites.uco.edu/academic-affairs/cettl/cettl-events/index.asp.
- To earn Integration (I), faculty need to complete the assigned artifact for the event, which can be found listed next to the FLO in the event opportunities listed below.
- All artifacts are due within 30 days of the event completion date.
- For those events which require attendance at multiple sessions, the artifact will be due within 30 days of the final session.
- Artifacts should be submitted to Jody Horn (email@example.com).
- One opportunity to satisfy any FLO at the Integration (I) level is to write a blog post for CETTL’s Transformative-Teacher Scholar ePublication: https://blogs.uco.edu/tts/.
- All facilitators for all events automatically receive Integration (I) level.
OPPORTUNITIES TO ACHIEVE FLOs
Full HTML Version