Students in an LLC live in the same hall, which makes it easier for them to meet others who have similar interests, to collaborate on assignments, to share class notes, and to form study groups or impromptu tutoring sessions. Each community offers a unique experience, but all students who live in an LLC can expect:
- A connection to the classroom experience.
- Community events tailored to the residents’ major or academic interests.
- Dedicated staff and faculty members who provide support and promote student success.
The purpose of the
As a result of living in an LLC, students will be encouraged to explore their professional identity, to apply their classroom knowledge across curricular and
- Develop connections with faculty and/or professionals in the field;
- Develop connections to their fields of study;
- Attend community events with faculty members; and
- Enroll in cohort classes that contribute to a dynamic community.
LLC students must live on campus and in their respective community location. Students are also required to enroll in the common course for their specific community, which means that everyone in the LLC takes the same class at the same time. New LLC students are also expected to attend their LLC orientation, which is typically the Monday after August move-in.