Housing and Dining:How To Sign Up for Housing
1. Access the “My Housing Portal” through UCONNECT online. UCONNECT is our campus portal where you can find your class schedule, grades, etc. Set-up information is found in your acceptance packet.
2. Once you log in, choose the “Campus Services” tab and scroll down to “My Housing” on the right-hand side of the page. Click the link.
3. Click “2017-2018 Academic Year.”
4. Review the “Welcome” page, and click “Begin Application.”
5. Review the “Room Reservation Policy.” Upon completion of the application, a $100 non-refundable room reservation fee will be posted to your bursar account (this account was created at the time of your acceptance). Please allow 3 to 5 days for the $100 charge to post. Payment can be made anytime between the day it posts and August 30, 2017. Please visit uco.edu/bursar to review the different payment options.
6. Click “Let’s Get Started.”
7. Review the “Personal Details.” Be advised that some fields will appear blank and will include a note to the right that the information in that section cannot be edited. Please disregard these fields, and fill in the information that can be edited. Click “Save & Continue.”
8. Complete the “Roommate Matching Questionnaire.” Even if you do not want to search for a roommate, you will need to complete this section to go to the next step.
9. Are you interested in a Living Learning Community? a. If “No,” please go to the directions outlined in no. 10 below. b. If “Yes,” please complete the LLC application. Be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Click “Save & Continue.” On the next screen, choose your top two LLCs, click “Save & Continue.” That’s it! Our LLC Coordinator will contact you within 72 business hours to let you know the status of your application.
10. Use the “Roommate Search Process” to begin searching for roommates. Enter your “Preferred Name/Nickname.” The fastest and easiest way for others to search for you is to use your first and last name. Be sure to include a “Description” to let others know a little bit about you. Click “Save & Continue.”
11. You may utilize the following features in the “Find a Roommate” section: a. Use “Search by Profile” and “View Profile” to find roommates by the answers they provided in the “Roommate Matching Questionnaire.” If you do not get many results, try generalizing your search criteria. b. Use “Send Message” to contact potential roommates.
12. Before selecting a residence hall and room, be sure to have several options in mind in case your first choice is not available. To review residence hall descriptions and room layouts, please visit uco.edu/housing and click on the “Where Can I Live” tab on the right-hand side of the page. In the “Room Selection” screen, begin by choosing a residence hall. Next, the floor. Then, the room number. The number to the left of the forward slash symbol shows how many spaces are available. The number to the right of the symbol shows how many spaces in the room. Example: 2/2 indicates there are two spaces available in a 2-person room; 1/4 indicates there is one space available in a 4-person room. a. Be advised that the housing application system does not automatically place roommates in the same room. b. If you and another student have already agreed to be roommates, it is not necessary for you to find one another in the system. When ready to apply for a room, simply go online at the same time to select a residence hall and search for a room. When you find a room with two open spaces, one of you should select a space and click “Reserve Bed.” The other will do the same with the second available space.
13. Review meal plan options and select one. Note that meal plans are required for students living in West Hall, Murdaugh Hall, The Quad, and the University Suites. Concerned about choosing the right meal plan? No worries! Students will have the first two weeks of the semester to change their meal plan without penalty. Meal Plan Help: “Meals” are used at all UCO branded dining options including Buddy’s Cafe, The Market and The Broncho Sports Grill. “Flex” is used dollar for dollar at all name brand dining options such as Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, Quiznos’s, Flat Tire Burger, etc. Our two most popular meal plan options are “The 9” and “The 10.”
14. Review “Payment Details.” Click “Save & Continue.”
15. In the “Contract Signature” screen, click the link to review the Terms and Conditions for the 2017-2018 Academic year. Once reviewed, type your initials in the two places where indicated. 16. In the “Confirm Room Selection” screen, review your room, roommate (if applicable), and meal plan selections. If everything looks good, click “Save & Continue.” Review the “Application Status” message to ensure that your application is complete.
In the “Contract Signature” screen, be sure to click on the link to review the Terms and Conditions of the housing contract very carefully. Be advised that the contract agreement is for the full academic year, and once you finish the online application, the $100 non-refundable room reservation fee will post to your bursar account within 3 to 5 business days. Payment can be made between the day it posts and August 30, 2017. Please visit uco.edu/bursar to review the different payment options. If you complete your application and at a later date decide not to live on-campus, please provide written notice of your cancellation. You may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name and your UCO student ID number. Cancelling a housing contract after June 30, 2017, will incur an additional fee of $250 for a total balance of $350 due on or before August 30, 2017.
Once you have completed your contract, do not go back into the application to edit your residence hall, room or meal plan. If you want to change something, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your UCO student ID number
- Best phone number to contact you
- The change(s) you would like made to your application
- If the change involves a new roommate, both students that want to room together will need to send us an email to let us know they agree with the change
Full HTML Version