Housing and Dining:Move In Information
- Students who cancel their contract after July 1, but before August 10, will pay a cancellation fee of $250.
- Students who cancel after August 11 will be responsible for half of the contract's value, plus a prorated usage charge.
- The Housing and Dining contract lasts the entire academic year.
- Students have the first two weeks of each semester to make adjustments to their meal plan.
- Fill out your Check-In Forms to select your move-in time and reduce paperwork when you arrive.
- Order your parking permit now! Parking Permits are reserved online and mailed to your house over the summer, so plan ahead to have your parking pass before you move-in.
- Check your UCO email and this website frequently for information about move-in and campus events!
- Download the Housing Guidebook! Available late-July, this Housing app will provide important move-in information, keep you up to date on all of the Welcome Week activities, and will be a valuable resource of Housing & Dining information throughout the year!
- Contact your roommate and coordinate on bigger ticket items like TVs and refrigerators.
- Review the Student Housing Handbook to brush up on policies and procedures related to life in the residence halls.
Moving to campus requires a lot. We have compiled some packing and decorating tips to help you give some thought when packing and moving your belongings.
- Remember to pack your belongings in light, easy to carry boxes. Not all of our residence halls have elevators.
- Keep in mind that we are less than a mile from Target and less than three miles from Wal-mart, so you don’t have to haul everything in one trip!
- We recommend that you bring carts or dollies if possible. We have several on hand, but there never seem to be enough to go around on Move-in Day!
- Check out our What To Bring Checklist for an easy shopping guide for room essentials!
- Pack your patience. A lot of students will be on campus on Aug. 11th!
- Nails, screws, double-stick tape and duct tape, in or on the walls, ceilings, or furniture are prohibited. Housing recommends poster putty or Command Strips when personalizing your room to avoid damage.
New Student Move-In Day* is Saturday, August 11, 2018. Offering a full-service move-in experience, staff and volunteers will be on hand to assure your introduction to campus life goes as smoothly as possible.
The first step to Move-In Day is Central Check-In. Central Check-In is held on the 3rd floor of the Nigh University Center in the Ballrooms. This is where you will pick up your room key. Don’t forget to bring your student ID and check-in form confirmation page!
While at the NUC, be sure to visit Parking to order your Parking Pass (if you haven't already), and stop by the Barnes & Noble Bookstore for your books and some UCO swag!
After Central Check-In, you can head to your residence hall! Our staff will assist you with directions, but you can preview the traffic routes here:
Murdaugh Hall Traffic Route
The Quad Traffic Route
University Commons Traffic Route - COMING SOON
University Suites Traffic Route
West Hall Traffic Route - COMING SOON
For your convenience, you will be able to unload right next to the building in our unloading zones. One person must stay with the vehicle at all times. Volunteers will be on hand to help you get your items to your room. Once your vehicle is moved to a parking area, head back to your room to unpack and settle into your new home!
*Any student may move in anytime between August 11 and August 19. Returning students are encouraged to move in later in the week.
The days following move-in will be filled with fun! Start your college experience by building new friendships at New Resident Orientation and participating in Stampede Week activities.
Other things to note:
- Student meal plans begin on August 11 and will reset each Saturday for the rest of the year.
- Set up your profile on your residence hall's OrgSync page to ensure that you get information about events and news from your hall.
- Head down the hallway and meet your Resident Assistant (RA)! They will be a great resource to you as the year goes on.
- Head out to the number of fun events hosted on campus by various offices!
We can’t wait for you to arrive! If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact the Housing Office at email@example.com or 974-2746.
Full HTML Version