Housing and Dining: Student Employment Opportunities
Looking for an on-campus job? Work close to home with Housing & Dining!
Housing & Dining has more than 100 student positions within its department. Check out the Student Positions at jobs.uco.edu for open positions throughout the year.
Job Categories include:
- Tour Guides
- Resident Assistants
- Dining Services
Resident Assistant positions offer a unique campus leadership opportunity!
Resident assistants are the face residents are most familiar with since they live right in the hall with them. By serving as peer mentors, role models and a walking resource guide, RAs are vital to the hall community and for maintaining its health and safety throughout the year. Student leaders seek out RA positions because not only does it look great on a resume, but it allows for students to grow in a diverse skill set and have experiences and opportunities that allow leadership to thrive. RAs are an essential part of the on-campus experience, and students who love the Broncho community enough to live and work on campus are always being sought out to help guide the next class of Bronchos!
- Be enrolled as a full-time UCO student at the time of application in the spring and for the upcoming fall semester
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Have completed one semester at UCO
- Enroll in Introduction to Student Development- PTE 4910 for credit or noncredit, unless already completed. This class meets Wednesdays from 2-4 p.m.
- Have a Housing balance of less than $500
- Serve as the primary community builder of a community of 40+ residents
- Build individual relationships with each resident
- Facilitate social and leadership opportunities for residents
- Develop as a leader and member of a group through extensive training in late July and early August, early January, weekly staff meetings and ongoing training throughout the school year
- Educate residents on University and Housing policies
- Administrative duties such as: room inventories, student check in/out, incident reports, programming, facility work orders
- Available to work hall desk
* Please note that additional outside employment must be approved by a supervisor
- Awesome work environment and co-workers
- Full year of Housing and Dining
Check out jobs.uco.edu in early December for the Resident Assistant application for the upcoming school year.
Full HTML Version