PCard Training

To register for a course or see a full list of upcoming training, visit the Learning Center

Required courses include:

  • PCard (Classroom Instruction on Guidelines and Procedures) for first time cardholders and subsequently every two years through the Cardholder Refresher Online Module
  • PCard Financial Manager (Online module)

Office Supplies

A PCard and a login for the Staples Advantage contract website are all that's needed to purchase office supplies.  Online orders placed by 3:00 p.m. are delivered the next business day to your desk!

To request a login to the contract website, contact Lee Foreman, lee.foreman@staples.com, with Cardholder Name, Email address and Dept. Name, Bldg. & Room Number of department(s) for which purchases will be made.


  • Real-time, online access to PCard transactions for review or reallocation.
  • Set up monthly Statement of Account report processing.
  • Login information and/or the Cardholder Quick Reference Guide

          Please contact Sarah Castleberry at scastleberry1@uco.edu with any questions

Card Restrictions

State law, Board of Regents and University policies govern when and how purchases are made. With the PCard, items not allowed are goods and services which are handled exclusively by the Purchasing Department because of State or University requirements or which are on established university-wide contracts. Although some suppliers may accept the PCard for disallowed purchases, it is the ultimate responsibility of the cardholder to avoid the purchase of restricted items.

PCard purchase of the following items is prohibited:

  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Cash advances
  • Computers / Software - This includes, but is not limited to web-based subscriptions, domain purchases, internal computer cards, memory, parts, iPads or Tablets - See Technology Purchases http://www.uco.edu/technology/tech-purchases/index.asp
  • eBay Purchases
  • Financial instruments (including money orders or cash equivalents)
  • Fixed assets (Items costing $2500.00 or more)
  • Gasoline
  • Gift certificates - Any requests for gift certificates should be routed to the Purchasing Office.
  • Items to be charged to "A" organizations
  • Memberships - Individual (Institutional memberships allowed)
  • Office supplies - Off contract orders over $49 
  • Direct payment to services such as PayPal or Google Wallet, from a Personal or University Account.  These services are ONLY allowed when they are the payment processor on a third-party website and do not require the setup of an account. 
  • Personal purchases -(this includes purchases for employees such as party supplies, cakes, cards or gifts for individual birthdays, retirement, sympathy, etc.)
  • Phones /Phone cards
  • Postage Stamps
  • Printers, Scanners, Fax Machines - Desktop
  • Professional services (Please see Procurement webpage for list of contract vendors)
  • Purchases with vendors conflicting/competing against awarded University multi-year contracts such as office supplies through others outside of the Staples Advantage Contract
  • Rentals (Please see Procurement webpage for list of contract vendors)
  • Tablets or iPads
  • Tobacco products
  • Toner and ink cartridges for printers, scanners and fax machines
  • Travel & Entertainment - Travel expenses including: Airline and other transportation tickets, telephone, meals while in travel status, rental cars, recreational or utility vehicles, gasoline, tolls and related entertainment expenses.  Lodging reservations and payment may be made with PCard only by designated cardholders.  Otherwise, lodging expenses are restricted and blocked by MCC code.  All local hotel accommodations for incoming guests are restricted and must be put on a requisition.
  • Vehicle Rentals

A declining balance Travel Card is available for group travel expenses.

The following purchases are allowed on PCard, but require documentation in addition to the receipt retained:

PCard purchases are also subject to on-campus food service contract terms. 
Click here for details of the food service contract.

  • RegistrationsUCO Purchasing policy regarding registrations paid in advance applies to the PCard.  The Prepayment of Registrations Form is required and will be kept with departmental records for all PCard registration purchases.  Documentation must be in place before the transaction is made.  The Prepayment of Registrations Form is not required to be sent to the conference official for signature if you can document with conference material that the requirements are met.

  • Hotels/Lodging - Designated cardholders only, may make hotel transactions with their PCards for persons other than themselves.  This is for employee travel only and all local hotel accommodations for incoming guests must be put on a requisition.  Travel documentation will show a PCard direct pay.  Travelers, however, should be prepared to provide a personal credit card at the time of hotel check-in to cover incidentals.  Note, the same travel request and other requirements still apply, and any expense in excess of conference or CONUS/GSA rates will require personal reimbursement.  Following are required and recommended documents for the PCard holder's file:   

    • Lodging receipt showing total amount paid and zero balance
    • Conference Designated Hotel documentation
    • If there is no Conference Designated Hotel, then hotel rate should be within the CONUS/GSA Rate  http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100120  
  • Awards & Trophies - Must be a part of an established annual awards program. Documentation is required.  Examples of approved documentation are: program, flyer, advertisement, or online information describing the event, which can be printed and signed by the Dean or Director of the department.

For questions regarding the type of goods or services you wish to purchase, contact the PCard Manager.