Staples Advantage (online only)

A PCard and a login for the Staples Advantage contract website are all that's needed to purchase office supplies.  Online orders placed by 3:00 p.m. are delivered the next business day to your desk!

To request a login to the contract website, contact Lee Foreman,, with Cardholder Name, Email address and Dept. Name, Bldg. & Room Number of department(s) for which purchases will be made.  All office supply purchases must be made online through the Staples Advantage website to receive guaranteed tax exemption.

Types of Purchases that Require Additional Documentation

Awards & Trophies

Must be a part of an established annual awards program. Documentation is required; examples of approved documentation are: program, flyer, advertisement, or online information describing the event, which can be printed and signed by the Dean or Director of the department.

Clothing and Gifts for Employees

If an employee receives apparel, gifts, or swag fromt eh University of Central Oklahoma, the State of Oklahoma sees the reatail value of these items as non-cash earning and will be taxed as additional wages of $50 or more per calendar year.  A listing of all employees and what they received will need to be included with the receipt as additional statement documentation.

Hazardous Materials

Complete the Hazardous Materials Declaration Form online. Print and include with departmental PCard documentation. To learn what materials are considered hazardous, visit the Environmental Health and Safety website.


Designated cardholders only may make hotel transactions with their PCards for persons other than themselves.  Cardholders may not pay for their own lodging expenses with their PCard.  This is for employee travel only and all local hotel accommodations for incoming guests must be put on a requisition.  Using this method, the payment information takes care of the reservation through payment completion.  Travel documentation will show a PCard direct pay.  Travelers, however, should be prepared to provide a personal credit card at the time of hotel check-in to cover incidentals.  Note, the same travel request and other requirements still apply, and any expense in excess of conference or CONUS rates will require traveler reimbursement.  Following are required and recommended documents for the PCard holder's file:   

  • Lodging receipt showing total amount paid and zero balance.
  • Conference Designated Hotel documentatio
  • If the Conference does not have a Designated Hotel, then the hotel rate should be within the CONUS/GSA Rate

Meals and Refreshments

Food or beverage purchases may require the Meal and Expense Reimbursement Form (MERF) which must detail the public purpose served by the purchase and contain appropriate signatures as designated on the form.

The MERF must be VP approved On or BEFORE the Gathering Date to prevent a PCARD Violation. Please keep in mind that the estimated amount is also the approved amount as you should estimate your maximum spend (including tips).  Going over this approved amount will require the MERF to be returned for further approval.

Do I need a MERF for my purchase?  A MERF is required if food or beverage is for consumption in conjunction with an event or meeting, including ice purchased for such events or meetings.  Food purchased for educational purposes such as a class lab or Central Station food preparation and account coded to Educational Supplies does not require a MERF.  The purpose for the food purchase for educational use should be documented on the requisition or in the Notes field for PCard purchases.

PCard purchases are also subject to on-campus food service contract terms. Click here to view the Food Service Contract details.


UCO Purchasing policy regarding the prepayment of registrations applies to PCard.  The Prepayment of Registrations Form is required and will be kept with departmental records for all PCard registration purchases.

Technology Purchases

The first step to purchasing all computers, software, and computer supplies is to look at the information available at the "Tech Store & OIT Purchasing" tab on the UCO Office of Information Technology website. Complete instructions are available for student, staff and UCO departmental purchases.


Specific questions may be addressed to the OIT help desk at or the UCO PCard Manager.

Teleconferencing, Web Conferencing Services

Contact the Technology Resource Center at 974-5595 or the service desk at  For more information, reference the UCO Multimedia Standards from the Office of Information Technology.  Individual PCard accounts should not be used to acquire these services and may be declined.