The safety issues and risks involved in travel abroad are extensive and varied depending upon the nature of the trip, destination, mode of travel, etc. UCO has procedures and guidelines for international travel. Please review the information below and register your travel at the link provided (recommended at least 60 days in advance). If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Kathy Gradnigo at (405) 974-5994.
Register your travel here → TRAVEL REGISTRY
WORLDWIDE CAUTION - please read
- UCO International Travel Requirements
- ACE Executive Assistance Services Brochure
- ACE Executive Assistance Access Instructions
- ACE Travel App
- ACE Executive Assistance Services Travel Card (This card will be emailed to you 6-8 weeks prior to your departure.)
- International Insurance (This is optional for employees. If interested, please contact the International Services Office at 974-2390 at least 30 days before departure.)
- International Travel Guidelines and Tips
*If an employee or student is involved in an emergency, accident or incident, please contact your chair or supervisor as soon as possible. Then complete an Incident report form as soon as the situation is stabilized.
*Note: Lost or Stolen Card UCO ProCard: Contact JPMorgan Chase at 800-316-6056 (24/7 customer service line) and the ProCard Administrator at 405-974-2497 during normal business hours. The University is responsible for all charges until the bank is notified.