For questions or additional information please contact the UCO Risk Manager at (405) 974-5994 or the Administrative Specialist at (405) 974-2216.
- Failure to report an injury/illness in a timely manner could legally result in your loss of benefits, UCO requires that you report every injury, regardless of how minor it is, to your supervisor immediately.
- Departmental management must (1) have knowledge of workplace hazards, (2) ensure that you are performing your job safely, and (3) help you obtain the medical treatment that you may need.
***For life threatening injuries, limb threatening injuries, or serious chemical exposures, call 911***
1. If you experience an injury or illness within the scope of your employment, please contact the UCO Risk Manager at (405) 974-5994 during regular business hours. After hours, call University Police Services at (405) 974-2345. You must obtain pre-authorization before going to the medical treatment facility (Unless it is an emergency, go directly to the closest Emergency Room).
2. All injuries are to be reported to the Supervisor/Designee and the UCO Risk Manager within 24 hours, even if the employee declines treatment.
3. The UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist will coordinate the following steps:
- If the employee requests or needs medical treatment, the UCO Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist will authorize treatment with the approved medical facility (see below). When checking in, a photo I.D. will be needed.
- The supervisor shall arrange transportation for the employee, if necessary.
- If the injured employee declines medical treatment, the refusal will be documented and the employee will be instructed to notify their Supervisor/Designee, and the UCO Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist if medical treatment is needed at a later time.
- UCO's Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist will send in the necessary forms to the Workers Compensation Administrator, Consolidated Benefits Resources (CBR).
4. If no medical treatment is needed, the employee shall complete the Occupational Injury & Illness Report form and submit to the UCO Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist within 24 hours of incident.
5. If medical treatment is needed, the employee shall complete the Consent for Release of Protected Health Information and the Mandatory Medicare Reporting Requirement Form. Both the employee and supervisor shall complete the Occupational Injury & Illness Report form. Required forms may be requested from the UCO Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist or found on this UCO Workers' Compensation web site under documents and forms link at the top of this page. All forms shall be submitted to the UCO Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist within 24 hours of the medical evaluation if possible.
6. If there are witnesses to the incident, the Witness/Co-Workers Statement shall be completed and submitted to the UCO Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist within 24 hours of the incident.
7. Forward any medical or physician's statements to the UCO Risk Manager or Administrative Specialist. If work restrictions were given, the restrictions will stay in place until UCO receives a physician's statement releasing the work restrictions.
8. The time used for a medical appointment for a work related injury will be counted as paid administrative leave. If there are questions on how to notate this time on timesheets, please contact Tamra Kitsmiller in Payroll.
9. The Workers' Compensation Administrator, Consolidated Benefit Resources (CBR), will send additional forms and follow up with employee. Please keep all prescription receipts for reimbursement through Consolidated Benefit Resources.
Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pmMcBride Clinic Edmond - Occupational Medicine
3406 S. Boulevard
Edmond, OK 73013
Monday-Friday (after business hours) & Weekends/Holidays
McBride Hospital Emergency Room
9600 N. Broadway Extension
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 4:30pmMcBride Clinic - Occupational Medicine West
4901 W. Reno
Oklahoma City, OK 73127
Life Threatening/Limb Threatening/Emergencies
OU Medical Center Edmond Emergency Department Map
1 South Bryant
Edmond, OK 73034