Call 405-974-2345 or 9-1-1
24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Fax: 405-974-3872
Located on the west side of main campus along University Drive, west of the Education Building.
Jeff Harp
Executive Director/Chief of Police

Julius Adkins
Captain (Operations Commander)
Broncho Five-O: 974-FIVE (3483)





For ALL Medical Emergencies, call 9-1-1. UCO Police will be contacted in the event of a medical emergency on campus. For your safety it is best to contact medical services ASAP.

If you need to speak with an Officer in person you can visit the station at any time, located here.

Frequently Asked Questions

Are you real police officers?

Yes. All of the police officers at University of Central Oklahoma are state certified officers with all powers bestowed upon other municipalities. Therefor UCO Police may:

  • Arrest

  • Write Citations – Both City of Edmond and State

  • Impound Vehicles

Can you unlock my vehicle?

 Yes. UCO Police can assist in gaining access to your vehicle as well as jumping your vehicle, and assisting with changing flat tires (you must have all equipment necessary to change the tire – wrench, jack, etc.) When performing motorist assists Officers will respond in a timely fashion based on current call volume.  Also, UCO Police will only perform motorist assists on University property, which does include parking lots owned by UCO that do not directly border campus.

What do I do if I receive a parking ticket from UCO?

Police officers do not routinely issue parking tickets on campus. Parking enforcement is managed by the Transportation and Parking Services unit located on the 3rd floor of the Nigh University Center. If you receive a parking ticket and want to inquire about it or appeal it, or want to request a one-day parking pass we encourage you to contact Transportation and Parking Services directly during regular business hours as our police and communication staff do not have authority to waive tickets or issue parking passes.

Can visitors to campus get a temporary parking permit?

To request a one-day parking pass, contact Transportation and Parking Services, located on the 3rd floor of the Nigh University Center, during regular business hours.

I am planning a special event on campus. When should I notify UCO Police Services?

If you are planning to hold an event on our campus we ask that you contact us very early in the planning stages so we can work with you to establish a security presence that is reasonable and appropriate for your particular event.

Do sex offenders have to register with the University Police?

Oklahoma's Sex Offender Registration laws were amended in 2002 to include university campuses. In essence, anyone convicted of a non-aggravated sex offense in the past ten years must register with the University Police  if they are a student, employee, resident or anyone who works on campus property in any capacity. Persons convicted of aggravated sex offenses must register indefinitely. This applies to persons convicted in Oklahoma and ALL other states and territories of the United States of America. Registration with campus authorities must be in addition to registration with the local law enforcement agency where the convicted person resides (unless they reside on campus). Failure to register in accordance with law will subject the offender to additional criminal prosecution.

The University Police has established a procedure to collect required information and make it available for public inspection. The list of registrants will be included in our Public Information Binder which is available for inspection at our facility twenty-four hours a day, year round.

Can I drink on campus?

No. UCO is a dry campus, even if you are of legal drinking age there is no alcohol permitted on UCO property.

Can I smoke on campus?

No. UCO is a tobacco free campus meaning no tobacco of any kind is permitted. The use of vapor cigarettes is also no longer permitted on state property.