- Biology Home
- About Us
- Faculty and Staff
- Biology Student Organizations
- Careers in Biology
- Bioluminescence Newsletter
- Health Professions
- Graduate Program
- Capstone Experience in Biology
- Internships in Biology
M.S. in Biology
The mission of the Department of Biology M.S. Program is to provide students with content knowledge and training beyond that provided by the B.S. in Biology degree; prepare students for further graduate studies and/or for specific career opportunities in education, research, medicine, allied health, and/or other professional areas; and prepare students to be leaders in the sciences by developing the skills and abilities necessary to function as productive, creative, ethical and engaged scientists as determined by community, state, national and international needs. This is achieved through selected coursework, research design and experimentation, faculty mentoring, and interactions with peer communities.
- BS/BA in Biology or related field
Submit the following items to:
Jackson College of Graduate Studies (JCGS)
100 N. University Dr., Nigh University Center 404
Edmond, OK 73034.
- Written statement of a graduate faculty member’s commitment to serve as Major Advisor.
- Online application for admission (http://www.uco.edu/graduate/admissions/index.asp).
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions. Undergraduate transcripts must show a minimal 2.50 GPA overall with a preferred minimal 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted.
- GRE scores with a preferred minimum 50th percentile ranking in both the quantitative and verbal sections.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which may be from the faculty member who will serve as Major Advisor.
- Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency. See Admission to Graduate Studies – English Language Proficiency.
Additional information about the M.S. in Biology can be found in the Program Guide. Information about the UCO Jackson College of Graduate Studies can be found here.
Contact the Graduate Committee Chairperson, Dr. Michelle Haynie, (405-974-5774) for more information concerning the M.S. in Biology degree.