Where are you stuck?

General Information
Student Types
Emergency Contact
Personal Information
Planned Course of Study
High School Information
Previous Colleges
Additional Information

General Information

What is my Login ID and Pin Number?
If you have been here to Central before, please enter the Login ID and PIN you previously created. This Login ID and PIN will only be used to access your Web Application and will not be associated with other University Records. If you are a new user you must create a login ID and PIN number. The PIN must be a 6-digit number.

Can I save my application and come back to it later?
Yes! You can save your application as many times as you'd like to be able to edit or add new information. Do NOT click the "Application is Complete" button until you are completely satisfied with your application. Once you hit the button, you will not be able to access your application again. If you do not pay for your application, it will not be processed.

Why would someone want to save their application and return to edit?
Many applicants begin their application and come back to edit it many times to update their records, add pertinent scholarship information, or tweak their essay questions.

When will I find out if I am accepted to UCO?
If you submitted all the required documents, paid the non-refundable, non-transferrable $90 application fee, and submitted a complete application, the Admissions office will contact you within 7-10 business days regarding an admission decision. If you fail to submit transcripts or necessary documentation, your application decision will be delayed accordingly.

<back to top>

Student Types

Which Application should I fill out?
The Apply Now page provides information regarding student types and admission requirements.

What does "Admission Term" mean?
Admission term refers to the semester you plan to enter UCO.

<back to top>


What does "previously attended" mean?
It means that you have previously enrolled in coursework at UCO.

What does "previous application" mean?
It means that you have previously applied for admission to UCO but did not attend.

Previous Last Name
You may have attended UCO previously under a different last name. For records matching and verification, please list any other last names you may have applied under in the past.

<back to top>

Mailing Address Page

Why won't it accept my address?
Please check to see that you have typed it in correctly. UCO uses the Clean Address Verification system. If you have problems, it could be that your address has not yet been added to this system. If you think this might be the case, please call Undergraduate Admission at 405-974-2727.

What if I don't own a cell phone?
If you do not own a cell phone, you may enter your home phone number.

What if my county isn't listed?
All Oklahoma counties are listed, if you are an out of state student, please select the "Out of State" option.

<back to top>

Emergency Contact Page

Who should be my emergency contact?
An emergency contact is a trusted family member or friend who would be contacted in the case of an emergency.

What if I don't know their cell phone number?
If you have access to a work or home number, you may use it in place of a cell phone number.

<back to top>

Personal Information Page

How do I determine my citizenship status?
If you have a US passport or United States birth certificate, you are an American citizen.

Can undocumented students apply for admission and scholarships?
Undocumented students fall into different categories based on whether or not a student has initiated the process to normalize their legal status with the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS). Students are required to fill out and sign a legal affidavit that indicates where they are in the legalization process. For assistance with this process, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

  • Students must reside in Oklahoma for at least two (2) years prior to graduating from an Oklahoma high school to be eligible for admission and for instate tuition rates.
  • Students that provide a copy of their confirmation letter from the USCIS, which acknowledges their initiation of the legalization process and are eligible to receive some state funds, including university tuition waivers.
  • If a student was awarded temporary legal residency his admission and scholarship eligibility is subject to the stipulations of his legal status.
  • Students who recently were approved for legal permanent residency are eligible for all types of scholarship and financial assistance as any U.S. citizen would be.

Does having a green card count as being a US citizen?
No. A green card gives you permanent resident status, but not United States citizenship.

What should I do if I have applied for citizenship and it is currently pending?
You will need to meet with the Office of International Student Services; their phone number is 405-974-2390.

I am a United States citizen but I do not know my Social Security Number.
A Social Security Number is required. You may save your application and return to it later when you have retrieved your number.

I am an undocumented student and do not have a Social Security Number.
After submitting your application, undocumented students are required to fill out and sign a legal affidavit that indicates where they are in the legalization process. You will obtain the form from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

What does legacy status mean?
Legacy status refers to any family member that has graduated with a four year degree from Central.

How do I know if I am an Oklahoma resident?
If you are unsure, please reference our residency website. Remember that living in Oklahoma for the last 12 months does not necessarily qualify you as an Oklahoma resident. If there is any question concerning your residency, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions can change your residency to out of state status and will require you to complete the residency petition and provide supporting documentation as to your residency.

What if I don't have an email address?
A personal email address is required. Your account information will be sent to the e-mail address you provide. If you do not have one, you can create one free through Hotmail, Gmail, or one of many other free e-mail services.

<back to top>

Planned Course of Study Page

What if I don't know what I plan on studying?
You may select Undecided as a major option.

What is my reason for attending UCO?
If you are planning to receive financial aid you must be pursuing a degree at UCO, if you are only coming for personal interest classes please select "Undecided or Non - Degree" and you will not be eligible for financial aid.

What if my intended major is not listed?
Please list undecided and speak to your academic advisor during your appointment to correct your major.

<back to top>

High School Information Page

What if I can't find my high school code?
If you don't know your High School code, click Look Up High School Code to search for it. If you don't find your High School code, enter 999996 for "High School Not Listed". If you are Home Schooled, please enter 969999.

What if I have attended more than one high school?
Please enter the most recent high school you attended.

What if I never graduated from high school?
If you earned a GED, enter 960000

<back to top>

Previous Colleges

What if I never went to college?
Then you will need to fill out the First Time Freshman application or the Adult Student application if you are over 21.

What if I can't find my college code?
If you don't know your college code, click Lookup College Code to search for it. If you don't find your college code, enter 100000 for Unknown College.

What if I have attended more than one college?
You must list all colleges or universities you attended in the past and you will be required to submit official transcripts from ALL schools. Even if your course work is transcribed on one school transcript we cannot accept this work until we have an official transcript from that particular school.

What if I went to a vocational school?
Unless it is transcribed onto a college or university transcript, we will not need this transcript.

What if I have previously attended UCO?
If you have previously attended UCO then you are considered a readmit student. If you have not attended any university or college since leaving UCO, we will have your past transcripts and will not require new ones.  If you have attended another university or college since leaving UCO then we will need these schools listed on the application and official transcripts from All institutions.

<back to top>

Additional Information Page

What does Resident Alien mean?
If you have been issued a Permanent Resident card then you are considered a Resident Alien.

What is "A number"?
This is the number specific to you, found on your Permanent Resident Card or Naturalization paperwork.

What does Adjudication mean?
Adjudication is the process a foreign national will complete in order to file a petition for Permanent Resident status.

What if I was born in Oklahoma?
If you were born in Oklahoma, you are considered a US citizen, but not necessarily an Oklahoma Resident. If you have not moved out of the state then you will continue to be an Oklahoma resident.

What if I was born in Oklahoma but moved away?
If you have lived out of the state of Oklahoma, then your in state residency may have changed. Please reference the residency website to confirm if you will be considered an in-state or out of state resident. Remember living in Oklahoma for one year will not necessarily change your residency for Educational Purposes.

What do I need to do to be considered for scholarships?
Be sure to click "Yes" and complete the scholarship page of the application.

<back to top>


How do I know if I am eligible for scholarships?
Students with a 3.0 GPA and a 20 ACT can apply for scholarships. For a detailed breakdown of scholarships, please see our scholarships page.

What if I am not involved in any organizations or I do not hold any leadership positions?
You can still apply for academic scholarships. Leave the leadership and organization section page blank.

<back to top>


I participate in my school's free lunch program. How can I get my application fee deferred?
Please complete the Application Fee Deferment Form. Your high school counselor must sign the form before it can be submitted. Please fax the completed form to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at UCO at (405) 974-3841. Once the form is received, we will be able to process your completed application from our database.

What if I can't pay for my application right now?
Payment is required. You can save your application and remember your login and password and return to the application when you are able to pay.

<back to top>