Scheduling Information

Class Schedule Availability

UCO's class schedules become available for viewing on the student information terminals and on the web at UCONNECT by the following approximate schedule:

 Summer   1st or 2nd week of February
 Fall   2nd week of March
 Spring   1st Week of October

The student information terminals have up to date information about added classes and open sections. Student information terminals are located in the atrium on the first floor of the Nigh University Center. In addition to information about class scheduling, these terminals allow you to view personal information such as address, current enrollment, enrollment holds, final grades, hours completed, and GPA information.

Check for Enrollment Holds

Use UCONNECT to check for any enrollment holds. All holds must be cleared at the appropriate office before enrollment is permitted. Students with holds cannot enroll or add/drop courses via the web.

Auditing a Class    Top

Any student desiring to audit a class must obtain written permission from the instructor. Approval to audit is contingent upon available classroom and laboratory space. When auditing, you must satisfy the same prerequisites as students enrolled for credit and you will be responsible for attendance and/or participation requirements set by the instructor. It is not permissible to drop courses for audit and change to credit after the late enrollment period ends.

Full (closed) Classes   Top

UCO colleges design their class levels to maximize teaching effectiveness and comply with legal room size limits. Most classes cannot be raised to let more students enroll. If a class is full, you should select another section of the class or select an alternative class. To get permission to enroll in a closed class, you must obtain written permission from the chairperson of the department offering the class. In some instances, the college offering the course may require additional written approvals.

Withdrawing from All Classes   Top

Obtain a Withdrawal form from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Enrollment Services (NUC 124), obtain the required signature approvals from Financial Aid (even if you are not receiving financial aid) and the Bursar's office. Then take the form back to Enrollment Services (NUC 124). You are not withdrawn until you receive a new printout from Enrollment Services. Do not leave the withdrawal form in any other office.

Withdrawing from All Classes on the Web  Top

Students may withdraw from all courses via the web until 6 am of the morning of the first day of the regular 16 week semester    After that, all complete withdrawals are processed as in the previous paragraph.

Withdrawing from All Classes - Federal Aid Recipients   Top

Effective Fall 2000, the refund policy will change for current and potential Federal Aid recipients. Federal aid recipients who completely withdraw from school prior to completing at least sixty percent of the semester may have to repay some portion of the Federal Funds received. This change will require UCO to determine the unearned portion of the funds received. This calculation could require the student and/or the University to immediately repay funds disbursed on behalf of the student for the purpose of paying educational cost.

As in the past, students receiving Federal aid must be cleared through the Office of Student Financial Aid as part of the withdrawal process. At that time the earned & and unearned portions of funds disbursed would be calculated to determine the amount to be returned by the student as well as the amount to be returned by the Institution. Students should be aware that any portion the University is required to remit to the federal program as a result of the withdrawal will be charged to the student, then turned over to the bursar office for collection if not repaid. Under this new policy, the student could owe funds back to a Federal program as well as the institution. Counselors will be prepared to discuss the impact of the withdrawal as well as repayment options in detail with the student at the time of withdrawal. Of course if it is determined that the program to be repaid is a FFEL program (Stafford, USL or Parent Loan), the repayment will be subject to the original terms of the loan.

Refunds  Top

Refunds vary depending upon when the drop or withdrawal officially occurs. See the appropriate "Deadlines to Remember" for drop/withdraw deadline dates for full-semester and block classes.

Refer to the Bursar's web page for information about setting up a refund preference.

I.D. Card NUC 222A  Top

All entering students must have a UCO identification (I.D.) card which will be issued the first semester of enrollment and will be used as long as the student is actively pursuing a degree at the University of Central Oklahoma. The I.D. card is required for completion of many business transactions, as well as for use of certain facilities on campus.

After enrolling for the first time at UCO, go to the Bursar's Office to pay the fee. From here proceed to room 222A in the Nigh University Center (Card Services office office, across from MidFirst Bank) to have your picture taken. You must provide a current enrollment print out form and one other authorized picture identification, (i.e., driver's license, passport, military I.D. card). Sunglasses and any item covering the hair must be removed for the picture.

Transportation & Parking Services NUC 309, 974-2780  Top

A UCO parking decal is required to park on campus or in any UCO controlled parking lot. Parking decals must be ordered online at Transportation and Parking Services. Please allow 5 business days before picking up your decal at the PTS Parking counter, NUC Room 309.  You must present your UCO I.D. Card to pick up the parking permit.

Hours are:
  Office Hours:  Monday - Friday  8:00 am - 5:00 pm

  Parking Enforcement Hours

 7:00 am - 10:30 pm
 7:00 am - 5:00 pm

Fines are assessed for traffic/parking violations.

Enrollment Policies

Maximum Course Load Enrollment

The maximum regular enrollment for an undergraduate student during the spring or fall semester is 20 hours and 10 hours in the summer session. The enrollment limit for a graduate student is 12 hours during the fall or spring semesters, and 9 hours in the summer session (6 hours for MBA students). If your planned enrollment exceeds these limits, you must obtain written approval (overload form) from your advisor (undergraduate) or from the Graduate Office (graduate student). Approval for overloads are restricted by State Regents' guidelines and institutional performance standards.

Full Time Student Status   Top

Full-time status is defined as twelve (12) undergraduate credit hours or nine (9) graduate credit hours for fall or spring semesters and six (6) undergraduate credit hours or five (5) graduate credit hours in the summer session. Students with a mixed enrollment of graduate & undergraduate credit, must enroll in nine (9) graduate hours or have a combined total of twelve (12) hours to achieve full-time status. Undergraduate students who wish to graduate in four years, excluding summer terms, would usually enroll in an academic course load of fifteen (15) hours in each of the fall and spring semesters.

Admission to and enrollment in correspondence study prior to March 2016 does not count toward your status at the University and will not be verified for enrollment, financial aid, or insurance purposes.

Non-Attendance   Top

The University will NOT drop you from classes for nonpayment of fees. Once enrolled, you are officially enrolled and committed to attend class. If you do not officially withdraw (even if you never attend class), you will be charged tuition, fees and penalties and will receive failing grades.

Intersession Classes   Top

Students must withdraw from classes if they will not or cannot attend. If you do not officially withdraw (even if you never attend class), you will be charged tuition, fees and penalties and will receive failing grades.

Emergency Individual Class Drop Or Complete Withdrawal    Top

A student unable to complete a drop or withdrawal by its respective deadline (please refer to may petition for an exception by submitting a request for an Emergency Withdrawal. All requests must be initiated within one year of the semester in which grades were assigned. Requests received after one year will not be considered. Exceptions are granted only in unforeseen, catastrophic circumstances. The supporting documentation must be directly relevant to the unforeseen, catastrophic circumstance and specifically address the semester in question. Poor academic performance or failing to attend will not be given consideration.

Drop and withdrawal deadlines are determined by the length of the individual class (generally, 68% of the length of the class). You should be aware of these deadlines for regular and irregular classes (those meeting less than the full semester). Drop/withdrawal deadlines for full semester and block courses are listed on the "Add/Drop/Withdraw Deadlines" page.

For more information about the process and paperwork for the petition, please visit the Emergency Withdrawal and Bursar Appeal Form.

Incomplete Grade   Top

Incomplete - given at the instructor’s discretion to indicate that additional work is necessary to complete a course. It is not a substitute for an “F” grade, and no student may be failing a course at the time an “I” grade is awarded. To receive an “I” grade, the student should have satisfactorily completed a substantial portion of the required course work for the semester. Students have one year to resolve incomplete grades.  In extenuating circumstances, exceptions may be requested  Before an Incomplete can be assigned, the student and instructor must sign an agreement specifying the conditions required for removing the "I".

Repeating Courses   Top

Undergraduate students may repeat 4 courses, not to exceed 18 hours, of "D" or "F" grades and have the first grade removed from Undergraduate Retention GPA calculations. Courses repeated more than once will have all grades after the first counted in all GPA's. All courses will appear on the transcript and be included in the cumulative GPA.

It is your responsibility to report repeated courses to the advisor. It is to your advantage to complete the repeat form during the semester you repeat the course. Unless the form is received, all courses will contribute to the undergraduate retention GPA.

The Registrar reserves the right to adjust your record whenever a repeated course is discovered that has not been reported previously. This could result in your being ineligible for graduation or other recognition if adjustment of the record results in reducing your total credit hours or grade point average below acceptable levels. Questions regarding the repeat policy should be directed to your academic advisor.