Disability Support Services - a Division of Student Affairs at the University of Central Oklahoma
Register with Disability Support Services
Prospective UCO students:
- If you need accommodations for the Residual ACT, Placement Tests, etc., you will need to call (405)974-2516 to set an appointment with a DSS provider.
- Bring appropriate documentation regarding your disability to the initial appointment. If you have requested this from a medical institution, they may fax it to (405)974-3894 in advance of your appointment with DSS. Disability documentation guidelines are located online at http://www.uco.edu/student-affairs/dss/Student%20Resources/documentation.asp.
- Upon completion of the above, and after determination of eligibility has been met, an accommodation letter will be made available to you to take to the appropriate personnel (i.e. Testing Services, Academic Support Center, etc.) in order to receive any accommodations determined by DSS for the Residual ACT, Placement Tests, etc.
UCO students needing accommodations (academic and/or housing) due to disability:
Registering with Disability Support Services is a two-step process.
1) Complete the Student Disability Registration Application (SDRA).
Documents required to upload while completing SDRA:
- Documentation: For guidance on documentation required, review our Documentation Guidelines. You may submit medical documentation signed by your doctor on letterhead or have your doctor complete the Disability Verification Form that can completed and submitted online.
- Concise student schedule (if needing academic accommodations): once logged into UConnect, go to the Academics Tab, under My Schedules - select "View Concise Schedule", save as PDF.
2) Once the SDRA and documentation has been submitted, it will be reviewed by a DS Provider to determine eligibility for accommodations/services. Please note the review process may take up to 30 days. Once eligibility is determined, you will be contacted by DSS to schedule a time to visit with a DS Provider who will engage in an interactive process with you to determine accommodations. Please have your Student ID available with you when visiting DSS.
Returning students already registered with DSS:
- Call (405)974-2516 to set an appointment with a DSS provider.
- Bring any new documentation you may have received since your last accommodation determination with DSS.
- Bring a copy of your Concise Student Schedule and your UCO Student ID with you to your appointment.
Full HTML Version