What is Project SPEAK?
(Support, Promote, Educate, Advocate for Knowledge)
- We support students, staff and faculty and assess their needs for FREE and in a confidential manner.
- We promote awareness through campus wide events and in class presentations about domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and bullying.
- We educate the campus community on the importance of being a proactive bystander. We want everyone to step up and speak out when they witness violence being committed.
- We provide advocacy and strive to assist everyone at UCO with a non-judgmental and compassionate demeanor at all times. We help those that have lost their voice to find their voice again. We empower them to SPEAK and break the silence.
- Our ultimate goal through Project SPEAK is to spread knowledge and develop a campus culture that fosters healthy relationships. Through knowledge, UCO community members will not condone violence or victim blaming, but will provide an environment that is conducive to every student’s success.Issues Addressed by the Violence Prevention Project
Full HTML Version