Contact Us / Questions

Veteran Student Support

Monday 8-5
Tuesday 8-5
Wednesday 9-5
Thursday 8-5
Friday 8-5

Library Room 221
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, OK 73034
(405) 974-2400
(405) 974-3889 (fax)

     By following the links to any of the external sites listed within this page, you will exit the OFFICIAL UCO WEBSITE and be directed to the respective resource which is not a part of the domain.  The views and opinions expressed on the corresponding pages are those of the author, and while UCO may recommend the site as a resource we are not endorsing their opinions. The content of these pages is not regularly reviewed or approved by the University of Central Oklahoma.

Veteran Support Services UCO
Veteran Student Support: Filing a Claim


  • Application for GI Bill:
    You may complete your application for the GI Bill on the VA website at;EBEN_JSESSIONID=t0zpTpZQzpfs5ZmhB2nyvK99J1Lhw2D0Q1yJKlbT9q541NYpbL0T!74644933!549966189?_nfpb=true&_nfxr=false&_pageLabel=Vonapp
    Ch 30, 1606, 1607, and Ch 33 (Service member) will complete form VA 22-1990.  Ch 33 transfer/dependents will complete form VA 22-1990E.  Ch 35 DEA will complete form VA 22-5490. 

  • Transferring your benefits from your previous school:
    When changing schools a Requests For Change of Place of Program/Training is needed.  For service members VA 22-1995, For dependents VA 22-5495.   

  • Admissions to the University of Central Oklahoma:
    Complete your admissions application at
    If you need to contact admission call 405-974-2727.  The application fee is $90 and this fee is NOT covered by the GI Bill (exception is Ch 31 VocRehab).

  • Readmission After Deployment:
    If the service member was a current student at the time of deployment, the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, will need to verify their student status. To be eligible for Priority enrollment, the student must have been enrolled at the time they received their mobilization orders. They will need to furnish their orders to the Director and once his or her status is confirmed, they may be eligible to enroll on the date established for their number of earned hours.  
    • The service member will need to furnish her with a copy of their Activation
    Orders and their DD214.
    • After verification, student will need to reapply online, and instead of paying the
    fee, they will exit out, email the Director and admissions will manually process his or her application and waive the application fee.
    • Apply online at
    Send your military and college transcripts to University of Central Oklahoma.

  • Transcripts:
    Have your transcripts sent to UCO Admissions 100 N University Dr Box 151 Edmond, OK 73034.  Include your military transcripts (ARTS/SMARTS/ CCAF). ARTS and SMARTS are evaluated after you complete 12 credit hours with University of Central Oklahoma.  Military credits transfer over into mostly elective credits.  CCAF must be turned in before admittance and are evaluated differently.  You may order your military transcripts at  .

  • Academic Advisor:
    Once accepted into UCO you will need to set up an appointment with your academic advisor by calling 405-974-2342.  You will need to meet with your academic advisor each semester to have your degree check completed and your VA Semester Enrollment Certification Sheet signed.  

  • Central Veterans Organization:
    Sign up for UCO’s Student Veteran Organization- Central Veterans! Pick up an application from the VSS office or email to have one sent to you.  

  • Verifying your attendance:
    Ch 30, 1606, and 1607 are required to verify their attendance each month by either calling in at 1-877-823-2378 or creating a WAVE account on the GI Bill website at

  • Report to the VSS Office
    Complete the necessary paperwork to start your GI Bill application for each semester in the VSS Office.  Regardless if you have used your GI Bill previously and are a transfer student or if this is your first time using the GI Bill additional documentation is needed.  Please refer to the appropriate checklist under the Documents tab. 

 The American Association for Adult and Continuing Education has recognized the University of Central Oklahoma for an outstanding Reach Higher program. Click on the link below to watch the story.