The UCO IT Project Management Office (PMO)
The PMO is responsible for overseeing UCO’s Information Technology project portfolio ensuring that the overall collection of projects is aligned with the University’s mission and strategic goals. The PMO also provides expert project management support for high-priority projects.
To fulfill this critical role, the PMO will:
- Develop and support project and project portfolio processes that allow UCO Information Technology and the University of Central Oklahoma to prioritize IT projects, allocate resources, and track performance of the project portfolio and related IT investments
- Develop and support standard project management methodologies based on industry best practices and the unique needs of a university IT department to assist UCO Information Technology staff in managing projects efficiently and effectively
- Provide project management consultation to project teams to improve project management expertise and success throughout UCO Information Technology
- Provide experienced project managers to lead key, high-priority projects to ensure they are delivered on time with the highest quality
- Collect, review, and distribute data for monitoring the performance of high-priority projects to ensure they are accomplishing their objectives
The PMO defines a project as a request for a new IT product, service or result that is not performed as part of a routine service or operational activity and requires more than 80 combined functional and OIT staff hours to complete.
To request support from the IT PMO, contact the UCO Service Desk at 974-2255 or email@example.com.
To learn more about the Committee for University IT Project Prioritization (CUIT), click here.