Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up to play Intramural Sports? 

Any UCO student, faculty, staff, or Wellness Center member can participate in Intramurals. You can sign a team up or sign up as a "free agent" on our "free agent" team. Our university registers all of our sports with From this website you can create teams, join teams, see schedules and brackets and be informed when there is a rain out or schedule change. A "free agent" team will have open sign up for any individuals who do not have a team to join and/or will not be creating a team of their own.You can also visit the welcome desk downstairs at the Wellness Center for more information.

How much does Intramurals cost? 

The sports that do not require a team fee are as follows: all Extreme Monday events or open recreation activities, Texas Hold 'Em, Olympic Game Night and Flag Football Challenge. If you sign up as a free agent for a sport that has a fee; you will be required to pay $5 for each team in each sport you wish to participate in. All participants signing up for an activity that has a fee will be required to pay the fee prior to the league or tournament start date.

Flag football: $70 per team
Basketball: $70 per team
3v3 basketball: $30 per team
Futsal: $30 per team
Table tennis: $5 per person
Xbox tournament: $5 per person
Softball: $70 per team
Team handball: $25 per team
Extreme dodgeball: $25 per team
4v4 indoor football: $30 per team
Team volleyball: $30 per team
Forfeit fee: $10 per team

How can I get a job working in the Intramural Department? 

If you would like a job working with the Intramural Department, you have to attend official's clinics for the sport you wish to work. Click here to apply to be an official/referee or a scorekeeper.

When are Intramural Sports played? 

Intramural events are held on Sundays and Monday-Thursday nights throughout the fall and spring semesters. Games start at 11 a.m. on Sundays and last until 8 p.m. Throughout the week, games start as early as 5 p.m. and last as late as 11:30 p.m. Most Intramural events are held at the Wellness Center or East Field. However, some of the events take place at the following places: Hamilton Field House, Wantland Hall, Wantland Stadium, Plunkett Park, Wantland Practice Field or at Bicham Softball Complex.

Where is the Intramural Office located?

The Intramural Office is located downstairs in the Wellness center at window 134A.

What if I do not know the rules? 

All rules used by the Intramural Department here at the University of Central Oklahoma are governed by the National Intramural-Recreation Sport Association (NIRSA) and the current National Federation of State High School Associations Rules Book (NFHS) with Intramural Sports modifications.


Click HERE to take the Intramurals Survey!

WC Connect