Facilities Management Building

Frequently Asked Questions


Where can I view surplus property?

he Surplus Property Showroom is located in the Physical Plant building on the north end of campus. Surplus property can be viewed during normal business hours 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.  Call the Surplus Property Coordinator at 405-974-2931 to inquire about specific items or to make an appointment to visit the showroom.


How do I get rid of an item of equipment that is broken or no longer needed?

All University property must be removed or disposed of through the surplus property disposition process. Complete the Surplus Property Form and submit as directed.  The Surplus Property Coordinator will contact you to schedule a removal date.


How do I acquire a surplus item of University property for my personal use?

University property is State property. Accordingly, it cannot be given away, donated, or sold to individuals including UCO's faculty, staff, and students.  Most UCO surplus property is transferred to the Oklahoma State Surplus where it is sold at public auction.  Additionally, UCO conducts quarterly or more frequent auctions of its surplus items on eBay.  Students, faculty, and staff are welcome to bid on listed items.